|Medium||RPG Maker VX Ace|
|Genre||Dark, Sci-Fi, Puzzle|
|Game Status||On Hiatus|
9talia is a Hetalia fangame created by angel-of-britannia, heavily based on the Nintendo DS visual novel Zero Escape: 9 Hours, 9 Persons, 9 Doors.
It was made using RPG Maker VX ACE. The first playable version, the Prologue, was released on October 2013.
Game Plot Edit
Germany receives a note telling him to go to an urgent world meeting. Upon arrival, he finds no one is there and dismisses the letter as a tasteless prank. However, a cloaked figure wearing a mask suddenly appears — and the last thing Germany hears before losing consciousness is that he’s been chosen to participate in the “Nonary Game”…
Waking up in a strange room, Germany manages to escape, only to find out that he’s trapped on a mysterious ship with the other eight countries who were similarly chosen, and forced to play the game lest the bombs planted inside their bodies go off. Forced to work together, the group must race against the 9-hour time limit to figure out what’s happening and why they’re on the ship.
The main protagonist, taking the role of Junpei Tenmyouji. After getting knocked out and kidnapped by the Masked Assailant, he wakes up trapped in a unfamiliar room threatening to flood with water. On his wrist is a mysterious bracelet with the number 5.
Masked Assailant (???) Edit
A mysterious figure clad in a cloak and mask. The true identity of this person is unknown. They are referred to as "???" in-game.
Bug Reports/ ErrorsEdit
- When facing down and interacting with the flowing water, it turns the sprite so there is no water flowing.
- There's a square in Germany's biography after the mirror cutscene.
- When examining the Stack of Red Cards, Germany's message invades the name window and is cut off. It should read: "A stack of key cards. They're all red... These have 1, 2, and 3 on them."
Trivia/ Extra FactsEdit
- In a post on the game's development blog, the creator has stated that the characters featured in the game are the members of the main G8 (consisting of both the Axis and Allied Powers), plus one more. It is not explicitly stated who the final character is, but is strongly suggested to be Italy Romano due to past development previews.
- Now confirmed in a recent WIP screenshot.
- Like its source material, 9talia will feature multiple routes and endings starting in version 1.0, affected by the choices the player makes in-game.