|Medium||RPG Maker VX Ace|
Project Espanya is an English-language game created by Quasi-Harkness with RPG Maker VX Ace.
Game Plot/Game SummaryEdit
Spain has lost his memory.
Thousands of years, gone like the wind. His only clear memory is of the day he woke up in a hospital, where according to one of the doctors he has laid in a coma for three days after being discovered bleeding nearly to death in a nearby forest. He doesn't remember anything about his life, family or past; frankly, the only other things he can barely remember are his own name and identity; that he supposedly personifies that block of land at the southwestern end of Europe.
Now, he is on a personal mission. He wants to recover his memory, rebuild his life and find out what the hell he was doing 'dying' in a forest. And figure out who that kid with the weird hair curl, who keeps appearing in his dreams, really is. However, he begins to doubt his quest when he finds the many shadows and secrets in his past... And he must be careful. The culprit behind his amnesia is somewhere out there, attempting to find a way to capture him again. Who or what their intentions are Spain doesn't know, but he has to avoid them or risk disappearing for good...
NOTE: Spoilers are surrounded by a box; highlight the box to show them.
Hetalia Characters (in order of appearance):Edit
Spain (Antonio Fernández Carriedo)Edit
The titular main character. One morning, he finds himself in a hospital without his memories of the past or any recollection of what got him there. All he knows are his name, identity and a strange recurring dream from the time he was unconscious. From the hospital staff he learns that he has supposedly gone missing for two weeks, the subject of a still-ongoing worldwide manhunt. On a nurse's suggestion he makes a phonecall to a very surprised Germany, who arrives to take him home and brings him up to speed on what has happened since his disappearance. From then on, Spain decides to go on a personal mission to recover his memories, figure out the culprits behind his disappearance and amnesia, and find the boy in his dream.
(more to be added in future updates)
Non- Hetalia Characters:Edit
There appears to be a seemingly organised group of people stalking Spain and sending him cryptic emails; they also appear to be responsible for his two-week disappearance. They are not seen, only heard, save for a few glimpses of a dark, shrouded figure just slightly beyond the screen. The creator has taken to referring to them as The Organisation for the time being.
Bug Reports/ ErrorsEdit
Trivia/ Extra FactsEdit
- There is a written prologue to Project Espanya, known as 'Coffee.', on creator Quasi-Harkness's deviantART profile. The prologue, detailing the event leading up to the actual discovery of Spain's disappearance prior to the events of Espanya, can be read here.
- A second prologue called 'The Secret of Immortality' was also added, detailing the origins of the Organisation that appears in Project Espanya. It can be read here.
- The 'Post-it note' and 'Old photograph' in Spain's Backpack are viewable in-game and reveal additional information about the story.
- As of the 0.62 update, Spain's mobile phone can now be used to make phonecalls and play a minigame. The calls the play can make change throughout the game, depending on how far they have progressed.
- Objects throughout the game may have changing descriptions. As the story progresses, some items may trigger different dialogue depending on which point of the story they are interacted with at.
- The game is known to have three different endings-- two True endings (a Realistic one and an Idealistic one) and a Neutral ending. While the endings will not be seen in the demo, which one the player will end up with is determined by a series of choices the player makes throughout the game. These choices also heavily influence the storyline in later parts of the game; some may drastically alter the way the story proceeds after they are made.
- Whenever Spain receives or makes a phone call, his mobile phone can be seen in his bust image. It appears to be a gold-coloured iPhone 5S; in other words, it is a golden Apple device. This is a very subtle pun as the Italian word for 'tomato' is 'pomodoro', which literally translates to 'apple of gold'. He is using a 'tomato' as a phone...
- Searching Spain's closet will yield a white t-shirt with "SHUT UP" printed on it. It is a direct reference to this page of Volume 2 of the Hetalia manga, which is itself a reference to a similar, real-life t-shirt the King of Spain presented to the President of Venezuela after being openly criticised by the latter.
- On Spain's computer desk lies a red book. Interacting with it displays the same message Iceland sees in the Journal in Espanya's creator's other game, Iceland's Journal. A similar book is seen on a large table in the World Conference building; Spain will comment that he "feels like [he has] seen this book somewhere before".